CLAY S. O'DANIEL
Atlanta Trucking Attorney and Civil Litigator
Clay practices civil litigation and specializes in Transportation/Trucking Litigation, Construction Law, and Insurance Defense. He is admitted to practice before all Georgia trial and appellate courts and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia. Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Stars recognized Clay five different years as one of the top attorneys in Georgia. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Georgia are selected to this list.
Clay grew up in Alpharetta, Georgia. He attended Furman University on a football scholarship where he played defensive end for the Paladins and received his B.A. in Business Administration in 2001. Clay was awarded his J.D. from the Georgia State University School of Law, with honors, in 2006. While at Georgia State, Clay served as Associate Editor of Lead Articles on the Georgia State Law Review. Clay also had the opportunity to work with the former Chief Judge of the Northern District of Georgia and the Office of the Speaker of the Georgia House of Representatives during law school.
After starting his career with another firm in the Atlanta area, Clay left in 2011 to become a founding member of O’Daniel McDonald, LLC. His transportation practice spans a broad horizon ranging from defending liability claims involving serious personal injuries to the pursuit of complex property damage claims. Clay’s litigation experience encompasses successfully taking cases through all phases of litigation, including trial. He has also achieved significant appellate accomplishments, including one appellate case involving a celebrity athlete, which generated new law that expanded business owner’s rights to enforce arbitration agreements in contracts.
Clay lives in East Cobb with his wife Jennifer, his two children Walker and Grayson, and his new lab puppy, Bailey. In his spare time, Clay enjoys spending time with his friends and family at his family farm and rooting for the Atlanta Falcons.
- RLI Insurance Co. v. Duncan, 345 Ga. App. 876, 815 S.E. 2d 558 (2018)
- Order Homes, LLC v. Iverson, 300 Ga. App. 332, 685 S.E.2d 304 (2009)
- Sol Melia, SA v. Brown, 301 Ga. App. 760, 688 S.E.2d 675 (2009)
- Past President, Board of Directors – Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Board of Directors – Sandy Springs Perimeter Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman – Ducks Unlimited, East Cobb Branch
- Member – Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Member – Georgia Motor Trucking Association
- Member – Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – Atlanta Claims Association