GRAHAM E. McDONALD
ATLANTA BUSINESS LITIGATION ATTORNEY
A founding member of O’Daniel McDonald, LLC, Graham is a litigator with well-recognized success in complex civil matters at both the state and federal levels.
Graham’s practice is heavily focused on business and commercial litigation, including disputes related to wide-ranging contracts, business transactions, business operations, fiduciary duties, and partnership and ownership matters. He also has significant experience in litigation involving real estate, construction and development matters; commercial landlord-tenant relationships; franchisor-franchisee matters; non-competes and restrictive covenants; insurance related disputes; and estate and trust matters.
Graham’s commitment to his clients is firmly based in a 360-degree approach that works to take a broad and all-encompassing view of each client’s interests, thereby formulating a unique and targeted legal strategy to protect those interests, with heavy emphasis on risk management and the avoidance of disruptive and costly disputes. In addition to working closely with the in-house attorneys of his larger clients, Graham regularly works directly with ownership and management, including through what he describes as an “outside” general counsel role.
Graham was appointed and served as a Special Master in Fulton County Superior Court, and Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Stars has repeatedly recognized Graham as one of the top attorneys in Georgia. In 2013, Graham was elected to the City Council for Sandy Springs, which at the time was the 2nd largest city in Metro Atlanta and the 6th largest city in Georgia. Graham served on city council until 2016, when he qualified, with the encouragement of many community leaders, to run for Georgia's State House of Representatives.
Graham lives in Sandy Springs with his wife, Kelly, and their three boys. He enjoys time with friends and family, hunting, fishing, tennis and painting.Education:
- Georgia State University College of Law - Juris Doctor
- University of Virginia - Bachelor of Arts
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- All Georgia trial and appellate courts
- Member - Georgia State University College of Law Alumni Council (2018)
- Board of Trustees - Leadership Sandy Springs (2013-18)
- Member - State Bar of Georgia’s Programs Committee (2018)
- President - Art Sandy Springs (2018)
- President, Treasurer, Board of Directors - Sandy Springs Bar Association (2017; 2013; 2014-15, 2018)
- Member - State Bar of Georgia's Advisory Committee on Legislation (2015-16)
- Vice Chairman - City of Sandy Springs Economic Development Advisory Committee (2012-13)
- Board of Directors - Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia (2012-13)
- Alumnus - Leadership Sandy Springs (2013)
- Board of Trustees - Cobb County Bar Association (2011-12)
- President - Cobb County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division (2011-12)
- Alumnus - State Bar of Georgia’s Young Lawyers Division’s Leadership Academy (2010)